PMI Bangalore India Chapter has been striving to spread knowledge & practices about PROJECT MANAGEMENT across different sectors & industries. Karnataka has traditionally been a city of preference for Defence & Space Research & Production establishments and has a great track record of delivering programs of national importance. Now, with many other global multinational & private sector institutions putting their investments for setting up state of the art global scale facilities, this industry is expected to leap frog in next few years.
With Defence & Space Industries tasked with strategic projects for the country, the success of their programs projects requires that the project management skills percolate to different levels within the organisations and institutions. There have been many success stories with remarkable outcomes but with changing customer requirements due to continuously changing environment, technological innovations, skill challenges, need for honing skills and competencies is a continuous process for every organization. There are unique challenges and project management frameworks would call for special ideas and experiences to address stakeholders' demands & deliver successful strategic demands of security and other national initiatives.
Considering these challenges PMI Bangalore India Chapter has created DEFENCE AEROSPACE & PSU INDUSTRY Forum to focus in helping Project Management community for dissemination of current knowledge, tool & practices and thought leadership under the guidance of the subject matter experts from the Industry.
DAPSU Programs & Projects are complex, high investment, high risks, involve multiple delivery establishments, diverse stakeholders, have longer time lines, DAPSU Forum aspires to be a nurturing ground for variety of professionals aiming to achieve Excellence in Project Management. The DAPSU Forum will also forge partnerships with Industry & Professional bodies to leverage mutual strengths for the benefit of community at large.
This forum will bring the community together by Organising special interest group conferences, networking events periodically and forge partnerships with likeminded communities and professional associations for supporting their cause in advocacy of PM knowledge & skills across various organizations. The forum will leverage from Chapter experience the speakers, content & event frameworks being conducted with sharper focus to the needs in this sector.
Vision:To be the most admired Professional Forum for advancement of Program, Project Management profession in the Defence, Space & PSU establishments & institutions.
Mission:To serve DAPSU Programs & Project Management community by active advocacy of project management standards & best practices, which will help foster Project Management excellence.
Objectives of DAPSU Forum:
- Provide a platform to create & share best practices, enhance knowledge through professional association and networking
- Encourage innovation and thought leadership in the domain of Defence, Aerospace & PSU Program & Project management
- Help strengthen existing project management frameworks for all stakeholders through knowledge enhancements using prevailing & proven standards
- Increase competency of professionals in the industry through trainings, workshops, knowledge sharing, networking, mentoring and recognitions
- Evangelize the value of project management accreditation in this Industry and encourage professionals to leverage them for their growth
Structure of DAPSU Forum:The Forum will be governed through the Advisory Board which will guide the Chapter towards -
- Identifying opportunities in the sector for enhancing project excellence for professionals in the community
- Provide guidance in structuring programs, trainings, events, networking opportunities for the Chapter
- Support Chapter with short listing professionals towards speakers, papers & case studies of interest for the community
- Help reach out to the Senior Management of various institutions & establishments to improve their involvement & participation of their teams in events & programs
PMI Bangalore India Chapter Board Members will be de facto members to this Advisory Board to support with resources, volunteers, frame work & experience of similar works for the Forum.
There will be a Chair for DAPSU Forum who will lead the initiative to meet their objectives.Depending upon the type & content of the programs & events, Chapter will resource volunteers as Organising Committee (s) to successfully conduct them to the satisfaction of various stakeholders.